- A letter from Pope Pius VI to the French nation. Translated from the original by V.R. Goynard du Bournay translation publisher
- The Monk: A Romance has translation publisher
- The Morning Post publisher
- The Old Manor House has translation publisher
- Robert Merry poet translator writer
John Bell was a publisher who innovated in typography and published a 109-volume, literature-for-the-masses, 'The Poets of Great Britain complete from Chaucer to Churchill' (1777-83). Each volume cost six shillings, much less than was commonly charged. He also published book sets on Shakespeare and The British Theatre, whose accompanying illustrations would influence later publishers. He also ran a circulating library. Bell was one of the founders of the Morning Post in 1772, and launched The World in 1787 under the editorship of Edward Topham.