- Examen du gouvernement d'Angleterre, comparé aux constitutions des États-Unis: Où l'on réfute quelques assertions contenues dans l'ouvrage de M. Adams, intitulé: Apologie des constitutions des États-Unis d'Amérique, & dans celui de M. Delolme, intitulé, De la constitution d'Angleterre paratext author
- Nicolas de Caritat, marquis de Condorcet abolitionist journalist philosopher politician scientist translator writer
- Ottobah Cugoano abolitionist writer
- Antoine-Gilbert Griffet de Labaume abolitionist bookseller civil servant journalist playwright poet publisher translator writer
- Thomas Jefferson philosopher politician translator writer
- Gilbert du Motier, marquis de La Fayette military politician
- Filippo Mazzei diplomat entrepreneur freemason journalist military pamphleteer physician teacher translator writer
- Freemasonry masonic lodge
- Société des Amis des Noirs political organisation
Sometimes used the pseudonym Weltbürger Sirach der Sohn.
Piattoli is best remembered for his participation in drafting the Constitution of 3 May 1791, a milestone in Polish political legislation. He was an organizer of the 1794 Kościuszko Insurrection against Russian influence, which was the last armed struggle held under the banners of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. After the Third Partition of Poland (1795), he was interned by the Austrians for several years. Freed in 1800, he worked several years with the Polish and Russian statesman, Prince Adam Jerzy Czartoryski, before retiring to Courland in western Latvia.
Leo Tolstoy based the figure of Abbé Morio in 'War and Peace' (1869) on him.